Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Sigg Bottels


I posted a while back about sigg bottles before I received mine though mail order from mysigg.com. So I have been using the bottle on my bike for a while now, everyday on my commute to work and on long weekend rides. And I have to say that it really is awesome. The number one reason to use Sigg bottles is they are taste neutral, which of coarse means they won't make your watter taste nasty and plasticy like a regular plastic watter bottle. The reason for this is Sigg bottles don't leach plasticizers and phthalates (pronounced THALE-LATE-S) into your watter. Sigg bottles are made form aluminum so they are not flexible like regular watter bottles, I thought at first that this might be an issue, because I was very accustomed to squeezing my watter bottle, but the sports cap which comes with the sport bottle Sigg bottle provides very adequate flow, and the flip top protective cover (pictured) is removable, which i recommend for ridding. My other concern was finding a bottel cage that would hold my Sigg bottle, while Sigg does manufacture a bike bottle cage, I found that any carbon or plastic bottle cage does the job just fine.

(screw cap does not work well for use while ridding)
A carbon cage my result in scratches in the the paint job on your bottle though. Overall I love my sigg bottel and I am converted for life. mysigg.com also offers bottle with various cool paint jobs, heres a few I like:

6 comments:

bikesgonewild said...

...senor k...i picked up some siggs myself, two weeks ago...i've been using stainless steel bottles for other applications, but they're heavier & don't have that indent to help keep 'em in a bottle cage...
...like you, i took the round cap off, but i wanna try a different top sigg makes...
...if you find they rattle on the bike, try playing around w/ pieces of cut inner tubes (smallest diameter) on the cage...works great & hardly shows...

erik k said...

bgw... the inner tube thing sounds interesting how do you get it to stay in place, I wrap a little electrical tape around my bottle and that also seems to stop the rattle

Anonymous said...

Hello..
a found a great place to find nice products at wholesale rate at [url=http://50off.reviewazone.com/]50 % off[/url]
Have Fun

Anonymous said...

Hello..
a found a great place to find nice products at wholesale rate at [url=http://50off.reviewazone.com/]discount[/url]
Have Fun

Anonymous said...

I love kwallblog.blogspot.com! Here I always find a lot of helpful information for myself. Thanks you for your work.
Webmaster of http://loveepicentre.com and http://movieszone.eu
Best regards

Anonymous said...

Your spelling is atrocious.