Monday, April 21, 2008

MGMT

This is one of those bands that seems to defy all sense of logic and convention. Bizarre and infectious sound scapes which seem to merge and flow through different genres. I just picked up the album, "Oracular Spectacular" and have only begun to dig into its complexity and absurdity. A very interesting listen and definitively worth checking out.

The video track and single, "Time to pretend" is a good place to start if you never heard of these guys. (its worth waiting for the hi rez version to download) With lines like;

"I'm feeling rough, I'm feeling raw, I'm in the prime of my life
Let's make some music, make some money, find some models for wives
I'll move to Paris, shoot some heroin and f*ck with the stars"

The track has a sense of, raw we don't give a fuck in your face irony. Right now my other favorite tracks are electric feel, kids, and future reflections.


See this video in hi-rez here

No comments: