Tuesday, March 11, 2008

WESC Bikes


I recently visited the WESC store In LA where I saw these fixed gear bikes on display. For those of you who don't know WESC is a Swedish clothing manufacture who's brand is based in board-sports like skateboarding and snowboarding. It seems that they are now also making fixies. While I didn't test ride either of the bikes, the front brake (plus lack of back brake) and horizontal drop outs pretty much gave it away. One interesting thing about these fixed gear bikes that I haven't seen before, they actually look like they are designed for freestyle ridding. The BMX style handle bars , 26 inch tires, and relaxed geometry make this a bike that would be well suited to the way many people ride their fixed gear bikes. Although for that reason they may never catch on. Fixed gear riders seem to value impracticality. I don't know who manufactures the frames, but the graphic print on the bottom one looks prety cool

I'm also posting an update on an older post. I posted about this installation from when I visited the store two weeks ago, during last month. I am happy to see its growing along nicely looking good, nice work Geoff, looks cool.


3 comments:

bikesgonewild said...

...update...if the artist used wheatgrass, every three days he could trim the sculptures & make some healthy ass juice...

erik k said...

hey, thats a pretty sweet idea

bikesgonewild said...

...well, if yer gonna go green, ya might as well get into it all the way...