Thursday, June 19, 2008

Bikes in Laguna

First of, this Peugeot is awesome. I saw it out of the corner of my eye when I was riding back to work from my lunch break and stopped to take a picture. Looking more closely at the bike I was a little shocked to see a lock wrapped around the seat post, completely unused. But hey this is Laguna beach and right down the street there was this bike:


locked up to a tree, with a fairly unsecure cable lock. If this bike was in New York, and I was taking a picture of it. By they time I was done depressing the shutter, I would get picture of a tree and a cut lock.

2 comments:

shelterbrook said...

have you ever looked at a really expensive bike locked up with an anemic lock outside of new york and though "i should steal that bike just to teach the owner a lesson"?

erik k said...

haha ya, I've thought about it, I would of coarse bring it to the police station, saying someone sold it to me cheep of the street. The initial shock would probably do the trick.