Friday, May 22, 2009

So long and thanks for all the fish...


I'd like to start today off by thanking everyone who's ever come to this blog, taken a look around and decided to stop by again at some point. K-wall blog's been rolling on now for about a year and half and it's got many more years to go. But at least for the immediate future, the next couple years wont be in California. That's right I'm packing up, and heading east. Back home to Massachusetts. So what's that mean for me well I quit my job(s). My real one as a graphic designer (payed the bills) and my pretend one at the bike shop as a bike blogger (pay for all cycling related shwag). I also applied to grad school, and got accepted to Umass Dartmouth. So what does that mean for the blog? well I don't know. I never really know where this whole thing has been headed, it's just kinda been happening. I'm usually pretty surprised myself. But once I pack up and leave the high end bike connection and all of the awesomely over the top photos that come with it will end. So, as for what is to become of this blog I'm not sure. Only time will tell. But I can tell you what's coming in the immediate future. Next week ill be packing up, and there's allot of that to do. So I wont have much time for blogging, but I've got some post's planned so I'll probably sneak a few in. After that were hittin the road, and headin out east'. That's right driving right straight cross the country. In Jully I'm gettin married and then were headed to St Martin for the hunnymoon. Then come september it's back to school. I'll fill ya in more on the details latter. So again, thanks for reading, or just lookin at the pictures (sometimes there is no words- ok most of the time) and I hope you'll come back soon.

11 comments:

bikesgonewild said...

...plenty of BIG changes in your life, eric...& hey, without change, life can be very unimaginative...

...so props, bud...my best wishes to you & your girl & the evolution you two are obviously proceeding with...
...in relocating, wow, what a great time of year to drive across america...marriage & a cool honeymoon in "the islands" to come soon, then more schooling & eventually better job prospects...beautiful news all round...

...remember...it's kinda like a bike race, a team effort...support each other while always remembering that you both have strengths & weaknesses...work together to care for & carry each other all the way...every new day will be a new stage...ride it together...

...great to see you taking major steps...enjoy it all...

Maitre d' said...

I will miss you.

You're my boy, Blue!

Dan Webster said...

Have fun with the new life man... don't think MA will be as nice as CA, but ah well.

I'll miss the photos of high-zute bikes, but maybe you might start photographing bikes you just see around?

erik k said...

Dan, no matter where I'm at you can rest assured that I will continue to compulsively photograph bikes. This will always be a bike blog. One thing I forgot to mention is my goal with grad school is to transfer into an industrial design program at RISD. Yes I want to learn to make bikes, perhaps there will be some frame building classes in my future

libertyonbikes! said...

ok, couple of things:
take the most southern route - (sorry st loius)
yo'll enjoy the south more than that suck stretch through neb, kansas, etc...

and good for you! bad for us since we get no more david lee roth ispired 'california girls' beack & sunsets, but the eastcoast does rock, or maybe rub.... yeah it rubs.

take your time coming back since you'll probably never want to do that drive again, but you will, in ten years, in a minivan & screaming kids, so enjoy now.
just sayin....

Aaron Edge said...

— Congrats on the announcement of yer wedding, move and new future. I'm an old East-coaster myself and where yer goin' is the only place over there worth goin'. Good choice. We'll miss your posts and online presence for sure... please don't disappear totally!

erik k said...

guys.. don't worry I haven't quit blogging. just california. the blog will go on!

JOHNNY MEAN said...

have a safe travel, this is a great blog, thank you..

WheelDancer said...

Congrats on hammering up the next hill in your life! Perhaps the high zoot bikes will be gone but I'm guessing there will be some high zoot photos running through the Photoshop puppy mill and I'll be looking for them.

MELI. said...

oh wow, congrats!!! may this new path lead you to great oppourtunities and adventures :D
greetings from sf <3 xo.m

ps/ beautiful picture!

MINGUStheMECHANIC said...

Good luck with everything,sounds like you'll be too busy to be overwhelmed, don't forget to check in once in a while.

What will u be doing in grad school?

Now that you'll be in Mass you're that much closer to NYC for whatever thats worth(I'm in Brooklyn).

I'm curious to see how your photography changes too, I was getting jealous of all those vistas now you'll have good ol concrete to shoot.