Friday, January 9, 2009

Solar Truck & a Demo Bike

Spotted this solar truck yesterday, it looks an interesting idea. I think its meant to be a portable generator, which would be great for protests, demonstrations, and random out door concerts in the middle of nowhere! or maybe they are just delving it to someone's ones roof.

I'll also be testing out this demo bike this weekend. Since its equipped with both campy 11 speed and Bora Ultra two's it scores an ultra high rating on the more money than sense index.
Wish I could say I'm more excited it but, I just haven't been that into the whole new Super Record 11 speed thing. But hey maybe I will feel differently after riding it. Only time will tell, until then have a great weekend and try to stay warm, unless you're bikesnob and you like to mock people who are more climate fortunate than you!

5 comments:

libertyonbikes! said...

now by demoing i hope you won't be 'rocking' or 'sporting' a team kit of any nature. the propper attire would be regular shorts, or even better - cut off jean shorts, and a t. maybe swap the pedals for some plastic toe strap flats - then casually ride around town. or just hang at the local coffee shop (or is it juice bars in so cal?). give the aire of 'yes, i know how much it cost, and i really don't care'.

lucky bastard. i feel privelaged if i can borrow a tool.

libertyonbikes! said...

now i'm thinking, 'is this a game of one upmanship?' i mean snob got a performance single speed, and you have, well, alot more. man, i hope this doesn't build to some sort of tupac/biggie thing.....

Anonymous said...

is the rock racing bottle on the bianchi ironic or not?

bikesgonewild said...

...tell ya what...campagnolo, in their infinite wisdom, decided to do the new ergo shaped shifter/brake levers in the lower end gruppos to retro-fit 10 speed systems...
...put a pair of 'em (veloce) on my cross bike & after a few rides on cold, wet, muddy days, i give 'em a total "two thumbs up"...

...much better platform for front end control in the dirt...decidedly ergo...
...i could only imagine that would translate well to spending long hours of decent comfort on the road...your test can tell us how the "11" system actually works...

kale said...

The first and only time I was allowed to demo a bike I seriously taco'd the front wheel. I thought it was hilarious, but the shop never let me try another one.

Serves them right for letting me demo a Trance X1 for freeriding.

Not quite bora equipped, but then again I don't have that kind of credit.